This page is for students who are learning the Workplace Readiness Skills or the California Career Ready Practice standards. For additional test-taking tips, click here.
For instructors who want a more intense approach to teaching and learning the Workplace Readiness Skills, we encourage you to visit our WRS Curriculum page and purchase either a classroom or school-wide license as an annual subscription.
Modules correspond to skills/standards. So click on the one you want to practice and follow links to lesson plans, activities, and vocabulary associated with only that skill/standard.
Workplace Readiness Skills
Personal Qualities and Abilities
5. Work Ethic
22. Workplace Safety
California Standards for Career Ready Practice
For Kern County Video Lesson Plans published by the Superintendent of Schools website, CLICK HERE.
For additional correlated modules, vocabulary, activities and other resources, use the following list:
1. Apply appropriate technical skills and academic knowledge
2. Communicate clearly, effectively, and with reason
3. Develop an education and career plan aligned to personal goals
4. Apply technology to enhance productivity
5. Utilize critical thinking to make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
6. Practice personal health and understand financial literacy
7. Act as a responsible citizen in the workplace and the community
8. Model integrity, ethical leadership, and effective management
9. Work productively in teams while integrating culture/global competence
10. Demonstrate creativity and innovation
11. Employ valid and reliable research strategies
- Information Literacy
- Information Technology
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Reading and Writing
12. Understand the environmental, social, and economic impacts of decisions